Home Insulation – Why Insulate Your House?
Heating and cooling accounts for 50 to 70% of the energy used in the average American home. Limited to no insulation and air leakage are leading causes of energy waste in homes. With increasing costs, it has become clear that we must look for better options to keep energy costs down. It is the goal of Valley Home Insulation help every customer it serves to lower their utility costs through cost effective improvements to weatherize their homes.
Proper insulation installation is critical; sealing of air infiltration and densely packed insulation will dramatically reduce utility costs. Walls, attics, basements, and ducts should be well insulated.
Proper insulation plays a very important role in every home by providing:
- Warmer conditions in the cold winter weather, by trapping heat in
- Cooler conditions in the summer, by blocking the heat out
- Quieter conditions, by creating a buffer from indoor/outdoor sounds
- Increase the value of your home or business
- More energy efficient
- Help keep your home stay warmer in the winter weather by keeping heat in
- Help keep your home cold in the summer by blocking the heat out
- Keep home peacefully quite by creating a buffer from indoor/outdoor sounds
- Increase the efficiency of your home
Air Sealing is important for homes in New England. Not sealing the air coming into your home will cause home outside air to enter homes. Air Infiltration occurs when outdoor air enters a house through cracks and openings. Homes in which proper air sealing is performed with cracks and openings sealed can significantly reduce heating costs during and cooling costs in the summer. Air sealing is performed by caulking, weather stripping and using foam insulation in leaky areas.